Got a story to submit? Want to place an advert? Send a mail to jovodaf@gmail.com
Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 29 April 2013

WELCOME ON BOARD!


When the urge came for me to register in a blog site, with a reflex, I did. Weeks later, I haven't been able to post a thing on my blog! Writer's block? The fear of
a new beginning?

To help me think it through, I listed some reasons that were keeping me from blogging, lack of time; overcoming writer's block; how to enrich and add value to my audience; how to stand out from the blogging crowd in a meaningful way; how to get a great content that connects with my audience as well as how to get the content out- a daunting list.

As I finished my list, I reached for my footwear. They were lying limp and useless- until I slipped my feet on them. At that moment, I realized I should not think of my fears. Just as my footwear became useful when I took the first step and put my feet on them, all I really needed was to take the first step and trust that blogging would come alive for me. The uncertainty I felt, even seasoned pro must have felt too.

That reminded me of a story I heard on radio a week earlier, about Gabriel, a young man of 24 who broadcasts music into orphanage buildings. Although he was paralyzed below the waist,he gets around just fine. A friend who has Down's syndrome and cannot hear or speak, carries him on his shoulders.

What a picture of blogging newbies relying on their audience to become seasoned pro! Each of us is a little member like Gabriel. We are partially equipped but we need the legs of others to carry us along. We are designed to rely on each other and to depend on the strength we draw from one another
TEAMWORK divides the effort and multiplies the effect
Welcome on Board!

WELCOME ON BOARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ... LEAVE A COMMENT *winks*