Got a story to submit? Want to place an advert? Send a mail to jovodaf@gmail.com
Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday 26 August 2015

MISERY AT ITS PEAK: Father who carried his sleeping daughter while selling pens (PHOTOS)


I stumbled upon the above picture of a Syrian father who carried his sleeping daughter on his shoulder in Beirut while selling pens and I decided to share with the hope that the pain and helplessness on the father's face shocks people out of their reality-dodging coma.

Heartbreaking photos? We probably don't even know the half of it. He is one of the "lucky" ones who made it out alive in Syria...and with a living daughter too!

My first thoughts: even if someone was kind enough to buy all the pens he had, how much would it amount to and how long can that money cater for him and his daughter?

Then I asked myself: Do you see how he's trying to make a cosy cradle for the daughter by clutching his fists? Aint you humbled by the fact that he tries to sell to earn even in misery? Yet I stay complaining about the smallest of things. I finally found a hero and now I am truly humbled.

Only a parent can give this kind of love to a child in times like this and I wish for all hope, safety and restoration for this family.




1 comment:

Please ... LEAVE A COMMENT *winks*