Got a story to submit? Want to place an advert? Send a mail to jovodaf@gmail.com
Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday 25 February 2016

Meet Herbalist Who Lives With 17 Giant Pythons As Link To His Ancestors

39-year-old South African herbalist, Sibusiso Ngobese began living with his 17 big pythons snakes in 2005 when he became a herbalist. He's from
Eshowe, northern KZN.

Sibusiso says his pythons serve as a link to his ancestors. And without them he doesn't think he can do his spiritual job of healing his patients. "My ancestors talk to me through these blessed snakes. The power of healing comes from them. They show me how to treat patients and what muthi to give them," said Sibusiso.

He followed in his father's footsteps, who was also a herbalist. "My father died in 2000 and I took over from him in 2005. He blessed me with the power to heal people through the snakes and juju," he says. He also has 14 big snakes at his home in KZN.


This story brings to my mind the Biblical healing power of the fiery serpent set upon a pole by Moses. But that was healing from snake bites right?

Anyway, I hope he doesn't starve these snakes to avoid stories that touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ... LEAVE A COMMENT *winks*